Public Utility Regulatory Law Attorneys Understand Compliance
Representing CO companies in policy and litigation matters
Representing clients in the energy, telecommunication, water and utility industries today requires a thorough understanding of the history and purposes of regulation, as well as the often very different objectives of regulation in the current environment. At Levin Jacobson Japha P.C., our broad experience in utilities regulation law enables us to apply a thorough understanding of the regulated industries and related regulatory issues to resolve new regulatory challenges as they evolve.
- Litigation and other forms of dispute resolution, contract negotiation and regulatory compliance counseling
- Rate cases and other rate-setting proceedings
- Regulatory proceedings to determine the form of future regulation
- Applications for approval of merger or change of control
- Petitions for authorization to transfer utility property
- Comments on proposed regulations
- Litigation regarding disputes involving utilities, including price discrimination matters
- Right-of-way dispute resolution
- Service extension agreements
Our firm’s legal team handles a wide variety of matters, from the routine to the newest legal issues affecting businesses.
We have decades of experience representing major utilities, large utility customers, municipalities and governmental entities in the federal and state courts. Our experience in electric, gas, telephone, water, transmission line, cable television, solid waste, resource recovery and landfill matters allows us to navigate through the uncharted waters of utility deregulation and consolidation, bringing creative analyses and new approaches to an ever-changing environment.
Exceptional public utilities lawyers
Our team of attorneys is well recognized in the field of public utility regulation law. They are consulted by legislative staff and administrative agencies on statutory and administrative proposals and policies. We understand the vital role that energy and communications play in the economic vitality of a single business or the broader community as a whole. We also know the continued importance to both the providing and the consuming client of balancing innovative public utility services with reliability and reasonable cost.
Representing our clients to their satisfaction is our most important concern, and we strive to be professional and ethical in all our pursuits.